Our tour uncovers anecdotal stories of this much-loved Cotswold town, and the personalities who’s legacy remains here. As well as the great polar explorer Edward Wilson, we’ll uncover tales of composer Gustav Holst both of whom were born here, and we’ll share the importance of the towns architecture and how it reflects Cheltenham’s golden age. We’ll explore some of the town’s green spaces, and hidden corners, with lots of stories of the past, aiming to bring this beautiful town alive and inspire you to explore further!
- Price per person: £10.00
- Duration: approximately 1 ½ hours
- Capacity: 10 people (to allow for social distancing)
- When: Every Saturday at 11am and 2pm + Sundays in August at 11am
- Distance: approximately 1 mile
- Where to meet the tour: Tours leave from Wilson Art Gallery & Museum (view map)
- Book online: click your preferred date from the list below to visit our online booking partner
- Alternatively you can pay in cash to the Guide on the day (pending availability), though we recommend advance booking online to avoid disappointment.
We also occasionally offer themed walking tours of Cheltenham such as our popular ‘Brian Jones Commemorative Walk’ which operates annually on restricted dates, and our ‘Light Up Cheltenham’ tour, literary tours and others. These walks will be advertised here when they are next available.